Thursday, October 19, 2017

Monday, October 9 - Clifton, TN

Monday, October 9 - Clifton, TN

Another gloomy morning.  It makes me realize how fortunate we have been to have so much sunshine on this trip.  The weather didn’t bother this fisherman, though.


This huge plant was just upriver from the marina.  Google Maps said it was in Camden, TN. 




I should explain that this section of the Tennessee River flows North.  So we are going upriver when we are traveling south.  A little confusing.






This area is called Duck River Dewatering Area.  The name makes absolutely no sense to me, but it gave me a chuckle. 
















Interstate 40.  Familiar road, just far west of familiar countryside. 







We have seen so many spectacular clouds.  I wish I knew more about them.  (I should have paid more attention to the weather section in our Cruise Planning class, Tom and Marbeth.)  

An unusual cabin design. 














These rock formations along the shore called out for me to take a picture.  They were picturesque, and also reminded me of the way the Tennessee River looks back home. 


















Lake houses that we have passed today are not very attractive.  They are built in a single row along the shore, very close together, on stilts, no distinctive design. 





This was our anchorage for the night, close to Clifton, TN.  Not long after we got settled, Danny spotted this huge eagle behind our boat.  























He has really missed his river baths, and decided maybe we were far enough south for the water to be tolerable.  Let’s just say it took him a LONG time to get in the water far enough to bathe, and he never made it all the way in.   Maybe a little farther south. 

No comments:

Post a Comment