Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Tuesday, June 6 - iPhone and Bike Stuff

Tuesday, June 6 - iPhone and Bike Stuff

George called at 8:00 and said he would be here about 8:20 to pick me up.  It was pouring rain when he arrived.  My request last night was for a place that had wifi - a coffee shop or McDonald's, but he said we were going to their house.  Since I had read both of their books, meeting them was very special.  George offered to cook breakfast for me, but I thought I was imposing enough already.  I did have a cup of coffee while everything downloaded.  They were such a delightful couple, and so knowledgeable about the Loop.  AND I NOW HAVE A WORKING PHONE!!!!!!!!

This is the nicest the weather looked all day.
We walked down to the road to a local restaurant, but the sign said "Closed on Tuesday."  Back to the boat for lunch.

Next attempt was a bike ride.  My bike had a flat tire!  With no transportation, how do you get a flat tire fixed?  We called two local shops who seemed amused that we would ask them to come pick up the bike.  Finally, we called the office to ask if someone who worked there passed by a bike repair shop on their way home and would drop me off, then I could bike back.  Pete, my new friend, called the shop he knew about, then loaded my bike in the work truck and took me to the shop.  My phone showed it as 2.2 miles, but I am positive it was further than that.  And it was so cold I was wearing jeans, sweatshirt and my jacket.

The people at the store were really nice and fixed me right up.  The ride back was on a busy highway, but thank goodness there was a bike lane all the way.  One more Loop adventure.


No comments:

Post a Comment