Monday, June 26, 2017

Saturday, June 24 - To the Doctor

Saturday, June 24 - To the Doctor

Checking in yesterday, I had asked Wayne about a Prompt Care Clinic, or some type of medical facility close by.  Danny’s back is no better, and getting medical attention in Canada could involve some insurance issues, so I pushed to go here.  At first he said no, but I put on my best “Jane Bolus” look, and it worked!  Wayne said someone would take us Saturday.

Wayne was at the boat bright and early to replace the transmission fluid cooler.  When he took it out, he found pieces of water intake impeller and removed them.  They must have been there when we bought the boat because we had replaced the impellers. 

About 8:30, Helen, Wayne’s wife, arrived to take us to the clinic.  She was a hoot!  We had the best time talking with her.  The doctor gave Danny prescriptions for prednisone, a muscle relaxer, and some pain pills.  Of course Helen then had to take us to the drug store to get the medicine.  People are so kind.  

And this is Helen’s rescue dog, Stormy.  Her coloring was so unusual.  And I am a sucker for German Shepherds.


We had not eaten breakfast, so as soon as we got back to the marina, we got the bikes down and headed for the Brewerton Diner.  The lady on the boat next to us had recommended it.

Our first stop was the bait and tackle store to get Danny a New York fishing license.  We saw a nice bass right behind the boat yesterday and that got us fired up.  As we turned into the shopping center, a lady pulled out right in front of me.  I screamed, she stopped, and I stopped in a pothole and fell down.  If I follow Danny too closely I run into him and fall, if I follow too far behind, I get almost run over and fall.  My leg was bleeding a little and I’m sure I will have a bruise, but I was a lucky girl.

The bait and tackle store didn’t sell licenses, but the owner told Danny to order it online and it would be effective as soon as he submitted it.  We bought worms and headed to The Brewerton Diner again.

I don’t post a lot of food pictures, but you just have to see this.  I like to try regional dishes, so when I saw this “Classic Fretta” I had to have it.  I had never heard of a fretta, but it sounded good.  Jim Odum, you would have loved both the ham and the sausage. 



I really wanted to try the Breakfast Greens, but they were sold out.

Riding with Helen to the clinic, we saw a BBQ Chicken fundraiser at the fire station, and then we smelled it as we biked by.  We stopped on the on the way back to the marina, but they had sold out and the last cooking wasn’t ready.  This is big time chicken cooking!


Back at the Boatyard.



No comments:

Post a Comment