Monday, June 12, 2017

Monday, June 5 - Tow Boat US to the Rescue!

Monday, June 5 - Tow Boat US to the Rescue!

I heard Danny moving around early, so forced myself to get up and support him.  He called Tow Boat US, and they arrived about 20 minutes later.  We were soft aground, so it was an easy "escape" and there was no damage to the propeller.  Danny debated re-anchoring to have breakfast, but I voted to keep moving and have breakfast on the move.  He agreed.

The first part of our day was spent traveling between marsh and bay to the west, and solid houses/condos/buildings to the east along the shore. 

This section beats Florida for high density beach front, I believe!  We cruised for about seven hours, and anywhere there was land on the Atlantic side, was there were solid buildings.  The west side was the same for the first half of the day, then we began to see some wooded areas. I couldn't stop taking pictures!












We passed this interesting building not long after leaving Atlantic City.

When we stopped for gas in Long Beach Island, I asked the dock guy and found out it was an old Coast Guard facility that is now used by Rutgers University for its marine studies program.  It took a lot of poles to get electricity out there!  He also said he knew we were a Looper boat because of the brown "mustache" on the front of our boat.



The afternoon was gray, rainy, and all-around dismal. 


We arrived at Trader's Cove in Brick Township, which George recommended.  It's a dock with power and water and nothing else.  But it's only $25.00 per night, which is amazing for this area.  We may be here a few days waiting for a calm day to travel to New York so really appreciate the price break. 


The wifi at the Cape May Marina was not strong enough to download my files from iCloud, and now this marina does not have wifi at alll, so I called George and Pat and asked if they could give me a ride to someplace with wifi to get my new phone set up.  George said he would call about 8:00 in the morning, so I set my alarm!

No comments:

Post a Comment