Friday, January 20, 2017

Wednesday, January 18 - Venice

The morning's cruise from Siesta Key down to Venice was just incredible!  The first part looked exactly like they Intracoastal Waterway in my head.
Narrow, with  beautiful houses, castles, mansions, estates - I had to make myself stop taking pictures.






I especially liked the house on it's own point, front and back were spectacular.





Venice Beach, according to the cruising guides, has fossilized shark teeth in abundance.  That's the one thing Hudson had asked for, so we  pulled into the Crow's Nest Marina and restaurant for lunch and shark teeth hunting.  Two boaters at the dock as we were tying up said the teeth are pretty rare now, but they had gallons of them at their house.  Thanks a lot.

Lunch was good, the beach was OK, we took a short walk looking unsuccessfully for shark teeth and went back to the boat.

The Intracoastal south of Venice is a dredged canal, not very scenic, but that was OK since I was on visual overload from this morning.

Two events of the afternoon were finding another great boat name, Assisted Living, and a huge dolphin swimming beside us.  They are so incredibly beautiful to watch.


Home tonight is Englewood Beach, tucked in behind another unnamed island.  Everybody is fishing around here, even wading, so I think I will go fish, too!


No comments:

Post a Comment