Monday, January 30, 2017

Saturday, January 28. - Farmers Market

The rental car was due at 10:00, so we headed that way.  Our bike were still in the storage shed, so we got on them and started peddling back.  There was a IHOP on the way, so of course we had to stop and get breakfast.  Love their grain and nut pancakes!

The Harbor Hosts had mentioned a Saturday farmers' market close to the marina, so we rode on down to check it out.  Fabulous!  Crowded!  Beautiful!  Unusual booths.  Here are some pictures I took.  It was so crowded I couldn't get a good overall shot.

The market is in the old historic part of Naples, so lots of people rode bikes.






Now that's a lot of popcorn.  Eight different flavors.

A new kind of food booth to me.  I think they called it Hot Rice.  It was a HUGE pan of paella.

If only I could have carried one in my backpack.

The music was pretty good.

Our take-home was cheese bread, a cantaloupe, and fresh corn.  Feast tonight.

The dinghy was ready for a trial run.  You get a different view from water level!






No comments:

Post a Comment