Thursday, January 12, 2017

Thursday, January 5. - Dinghy Ride

We started the day with free coffee at the boaters' area on the patio is of the restaurant. (They also have free ice for marina residents.)  The wifi is stronger here, and we met a nice older gentleman and his dog.  He lives on his boat, but has never driven it.  I guess a marina slip is cheaper than a condo..

It was laundry day.  Only one washer was working, so it took a little longer, but look at my view while I was waiting!


And I made a HUGE score.  Someone dropped off the complete West Wing DVD set at the lending library while I was there.  Jennifer had given me most of them, but I forgot to put them on the boat.  Can't wait to start watching them,

We walked around part off the marina, admiring the boats, boat names and boat mascots.




The weather was beautiful so we headed out for a dinghy ride with Karen and John.  This area was originally a phosphate mine and was filled in to make the marina.  So the banks are straight, houses are lined up evenly along the shores.  We got good views of the beautiful houses and boats, and even went out into Manatee River.  I am completely converted - I love riding in the dinghy!







No comments:

Post a Comment