Monday, January 30, 2017

Sunday, January 22 - Exploring Naples

The wind was still very strong, so we decided to stay another night.  The AGLCA harbor hosts had made some sight-seeing suggestions when they stopped by yesterday, so we took off on our bikes.  First stop was the beach.  I wanted to see these huge waves everyone was talking about.  It's a beautiful beach, but the waves didn't look THAT big.

The next stop was the town pier, which is very long, and the waves did look big from the the end of it.  The wind was non-stop.  Really.  I don't think I have ever been in wind that powerful or that steady.  I took pictures and video, but neither one does it justice.

The shopping area close to the pier was very upscale, mostly art galleries and design studios.  I didn't get any pictures because I can't take pictures and ride!

The other tourist area the harbor host had mentioned was Tin City.  It's an old warehouse area that has been converted to small shops and restaurants.  I found a visor that we both liked, but it wouldn't stay on in the high wind so I ended up putting my old one back on.  We had lunch at Pinchers Crab Shack which had a great view of the Gordon River.  Good food, crazy wind.
Our adventures at an end, we went back to the dock to do laundry.

No comments:

Post a Comment