Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Thursday, August 31 - Ludington Day 2

Thursday, August 31 - Ludington Day 2

It had been several days since we had eaten breakfast out, so we went to House of Flavors, a combination ice cream parlor and restaurant.  The food was good, and I loved the decor. 

Gil and Deb called mid-afternoon from a local winery, Love Wines, telling us to come up for a special deal.  The winery itself had moved a couple of blocks closer to town, but the tasting room was still there and open.  We had a great time tasting and found several winners.  We left with four bottles each - that way we got the special price AND our tastings were free. 


Danny left from the winery to get a haircut, Deb went shopping, Gil went to get Alex for a haircut, I was headed back to the boat to catch up on the blog.  As I got on my bike, I discovered it had a very flat tire!  Gil had taken his bike to a local shop, and I knew where it was (two stores past the barber shop), so I walked my bike to it.  They fixed the tire right away, Danny came down to pay (his hair looked good) and asked the gentleman to look at the brakes.  Of course he said they needed work, so I left it there and walked back to the boat.  Good exercise.

We decided that Ludington has a petunia fetish.  They were everywhere!!!  Maybe they are copying Holland with all its tulips?  Beautiful.


















The ferry was a little late tonight.  We watched it from the boat, and got a great view of the tractor-trailers in the hold.

I actually cooked dinner for a change - Emory’s tacos.  We had not had them on our trip and they were so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment