Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Monday, September 4 - Labor Day

Monday, September 4 - Labor Day

I have complained loud and long about missing every Farmer’s Market on the entire loop.  If there is one on Friday, we are there Saturday.  If it’s Saturday, we are there Friday.  So at docktails last night I was thrilled when Bobbie said she saw a sign advertising a Farmer’s Market for tomorrow at the park downtown.  I had my bicycle and backpack ready!

There weren’t many booths, but I was happy.  We bought tomatoes, of course, cucumbers, blueberries, onions, and basil sun dried tomato bread! 


















There was even live music.  One of the gentlemen asked me if I got a good picture of them. 




These were not for sale, but they were gorgeous!  I am loving all the flowers.  


While we were out, we rode to the State Park to look at the beach.  It was windy and overcast, but there were still a few people in the water.  Lots of campers, too.

Back at the boat, it was still overcast with rough water, so we enjoyed an afternoon inside the boat.


Docktails again, but this time I actually fixed an appetizer - Henry Wall’s Smoked Salmon Spread, at least my effort at his recipe.  Another fun evening with great friends. 

Finally some evening pictures.




No comments:

Post a Comment