Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Wednesday, October 12 - I am caught up!

Finally, I am blogging about today today!  I got so behind when my posts went to "preview" then disappeared.  I spent a lot of time looking for them, then couldn't get anything to post for a while.   But I'm OK now, except that I can't include pictures.  I put out an appeal on the Great Loop blog and a gentleman has agreed to help me while we are at the Rendezvous.  He doesn't know what he is in for!

Anyhow, today was great.  Actually, we have decided that every day is great, some are just more eventful or cover more distance.   We had reserved a rental car for today, we thought, even got a conformation email.  Than a call this morning saying Enterprise didn't have a car, even though we had a confirmation.  So plans for a trip to Shioh National  Battlefield were delayed until tomorrow.  What to do today?  LAUNDRY!

The laundry "room" at the marina is a closet with a stacked washer and dryer.  They are full sized, thank goodness, but three loads of clothes takes a while.  We read on the dock, ate lunch at the restaurant, and read some more while waiting on the clothes.  There is a Frank Lloyd Wright house in Florence, and we had thought about going today but there is no Uber in town, so we postponed that visit until tomorrow, too.  It's amazing how easy it is to relax on the water.  We chilled until our marina courtesy car reservation, then took off to the WalMart Supercenter.  I do NOT like WalMart, and never shop there if I have another option, but we needed a gas can, a sink sprayer, vitamins and food, so where else do you go?  Dinner tonight was frozen pizza, the first thing we have cooked in the convection oven.  I spent some time rearranging storage, can't wait to post pictures of the bathroom cabinet.

I wish I could explain how incredible this trip has been so far.  The past year and a half have been so stressful for us (more about that later), that the freedom and relaxation has been marvelous.  We have no schedule, no keys, no calendar, just each other and a lot of wonderful water.  Who could ask for more?

1 comment:

  1. Awesome!!! Can't wait to see your organization pics!! Sorry to had to go to dreaded Walmart :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete