Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Day 1 - Part 2

As we pulled into Ft. Loudon, my heart tightened.  This is where I leave 5 of my 6 kids and not see them for3 months.  We had said goodbye to Jennfer the week-end before, So make her 3 months and 1 week!  I know we have phones and Skype (if I can work it!) but it's just not the same.  The grown kids will understand and they know how much we love them and will miss them.  But  Hudson and Lily have stayed with me at least one day a week from the time they were born until they started school, and I still had them some afternoons.  Would they understand why I'm not there for them anymore?

As we filled up with gas, Hudson was so excited that the tank kept turning for so long!  I told him that DanDan wasn't quite that excited.  We took pictures, hugged a lot, and waved goodbye.  I didn't cry until we were out of sight, but it was so hard.

The highest lock of our entire trip was just outside the marina, Ft. Loudon Dam, and we made it through with flying colors!  We were now in Melton Hill Lake, and the cruising and the weather were beautiful!  Danny is determined that we will limit our traveling time, and try to stop by 4:30 every day.  Those of you who know him can guess why!  So our first night's anchorage was in a cove just south of Kingston.  We slept like babies.

No comments:

Post a Comment