Sunday, October 16, 2016

Saturday, October 15 - Football time!


I watched the sunrise!  What a surprise.  It was beautiful, but I don't plan to view it every day.  We were joined in our almost-cove by fishermen just before dawn.  We saw one guy catch several fish and another guy with a lure that looked like 10 lures tied together.  I would hate to tangle with that one!  Since we had such a good spot to anchor, and we still had a day to spare before the Rendezvous, we stayed in place and hunkered down to watch some SEC football.   Georgia lost to Vanderbilt, and Tennessee lost badly to  Alabama  So much for a wonderful October football day.

We brought enough books onboard to read non-stop for a couple of years.  I picked "Jewel in Her Crown" for my second one, but quickly swapped it for a Sue Grafton.  I just couldn't wade through the verbose writing, the flips back and forth, and the small print.  Maybe I will try again when I am a little more settled.  If you have any recommendations for books, I would love to hear them.  Especially ones that are connected to the areas we will visit.

Danny grilled chicken for dinner, the Holland Companion grill is great.  Jeannie, Luke, Hudson and Lily Skyped us, the first contact since the kids left for Disneyworld with Deanna and Darryl.  We watched another beautiful moon rise, taking way too many pictures.  You would be proud of me, Stephanie.  Now if I can just get them from my camera to my iPad..


1 comment:

  1. YOU were up for a sunrise!!??? I am shocked!! Sounds like you guys are having a great time!! XOXO

    ReplyDelete