Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Day 1 Part 1

What a day!  Exciting, sad, funny, relaxing, can't begin to list all the emotions.  First, closing up the little house, then packing and then unpacking the LAST load in the truck, and trying to find a place to stack that last load.  We are out of places to store so have resorted to stacking.  Jeannie, Luke, Charles, Hudson and Lily joined us 9:00, Jeannie bearing gifts of Egg McMuffins.  I am going to miss my favorite breakfast, don't think we will find McDonalds at many marinas.  Once we took off, th grandkids had to drive, of course, and Hudson loved the new chart plotter, it was like a video game to him.  One small glitch - Danny found a hose squirting water in the engine room while making his rounds.   Thank goodness he, along with helpers Charles and Luke, and message relayers Hudson and Lily, were able to fix it.  The kids thought it was so funny when DanDan got squirted when the first plugging effort didn't work. Jeannie and I spent the ride trying to get me up to speed technologically.  Hopeless cause.  I can now operate the Kindle at least, but still can't download my pictures to this blog.  I hope there will be a kind hearted and very patient techie at the Great Loop Rendezvous who will help me.  We also tried to set up an e-mail list at the request of my nephew, William.  He just wants the important updates without having to search the blog or Facebook.  No luck with that, either.

(Day 1 continued in next post)

No comments:

Post a Comment