Tuesday, October 11, 2016

October 6

Danny 's note from his log:  "Lake was cool but refreshing."  He took a lake bath at 7:30 a.m.  That water was cold, not cool!  I declined the invitation to join him.  I don't do cold water.

The highlight of our day was visiting with my Cordele friend and college roommate at 
Samford, Carol Hardin and her husband Randy Smith.  They took  us on a tour of Guntersville, to lunch at The Rock House, to a wonderful fishing store to buy a license, and to their beautiful lake house.  I had not seen Carol in 40+ years, so we had a lot of catching up to do.  About that fishing license, a one-year license was more economical, but still $50.00.  I didn't have my driver's license with me, so couldn't get mine. I told Danny if he started catching fish, then we would buy mine.  So far that has not been a problem.

We had noticed that most of the boat houses on Lake Guntersville were big and completely enclosed, which we thought was against TVA guidelines.  Randy said they are allowed, and even different sizes are allowed in different areas of the lake.  Their boat house had eight garage doors, two on each wall! It was awesome!  Lake Guntersville also had lots of beautiful waterfront homes, which was a change from the scenery the last two days.

After leaving Carol and Randy, we cruised for a couple of hours, then got into the water for a water aerobics session.  It wasn't as good a workout as the YMCA, but it was exercise!

No comments:

Post a Comment