Monday, May 22, 2017

Thursday, May 18 - More Friends Come to See Us!

Thursday, May 18 - More Friends Come to See Us!

The guy at the repair place said to be there around 8:00, so we had to get moving earlier than our normal!  He got to our boat about 9:00 to evaluate, then left to print up a parts list.  

My goal for the day was to get my bicycle fixed.  While we were riding in Hampton, it kept slipping out of gear.  I know that's not a technical term, but that's the only way I know to describe it.  Several times I got it started again, then I couldn't get it to engage and we started walking it.  Danny turned it upside down and worked some magic and it connected again.  I stayed in first gear all the way back to the boat.  There was no bike repair shop in Hampton, so we loaded it on the boat and hoped to find a repair shop soon.

Thanks to Google, I knew there was a bike shop in Solomons, and it was much closer to the repair dock than to our marina.  The plan was to ride the bikes, me in first gear, to a restaurant for breakfast then on to the bike store.  Well, guess what?  The bike wouldn't go into gear, no matter what we did.  The marina offered a shuttle that went by the repair shop, but since the bikes wouldn't fit, they offered to take our bikes in the marina truck.  WELL, the shop didn't have the free wheel to repair my bike, and couldn't get it until Tuesday.  Bummer.  The marina truck came back to get us, but we had no breakfast and no bike.

Mary Kay to the rescue!  She met us at the repair dock and took us to Leonardtown for my haircut.  We had lunch at a delightful coffee house, then on to the salon.  We thought the appointment was at 1:15, they had us at 2:15, so I didn't get my hair cut.  Not having a good day.

Back at the repair marina, we had to move our boat back to our "home" marina.  As we pulled out into the creek, we got a great view of all the boats.  We thought Florida had a lot of boats, but the Chesapeake takes the prize!!!  The number of boats is overwhelming! 

Back at our "home" marina again, we saw a Vol Navy flag flying from a boat showing Knoxville as its home port at our marina! dock next to ours,

We had another Thursday treat.  Tommy and Ann Murphy came to visit.  Tommy is a friend of Robert's who mailed Danny a key to his apartment in Washington so he would have a place to stay until Jennifer and I moved up.  They took us to the Tiki Hut which is famous in these parts, to the Pier for dinner, and back to the boat for us to talk and drink beer.  Ann is a craft beer fan, so we had a lot to talk about.  We had a wonderful time.




















I just can't resist the sunset pictures. 

No comments:

Post a Comment