Monday, May 22, 2017

Monday, May 15 - Sunny Skies, Lots of Wind

Monday, May 15 - Sunny Skies, Lots of Wind

It's so hard to sit still when the the sky is sunny and the wind doesn't seem TOO bad.  But that's what we did.  We have learned that we do not like rough water cruising, no matter how bright the sun.

We ate lunch at "The Barking Dog" in the marina parking lot.  Can you guess their specialty?

There was also a marine consignment store in the "complex."  I bought a couple of Waterway Guide books at a great price.  Wish every port town had one of these stores.

I was intrigued by the small crabs swimming around the dock.  I don't think I have ever watched a crab swim.  (Can you tell there wasn't much going on?)

The bikes were already stowed in anticipation of our departure today, so rather than getting them down again I did laundry.  Three loads with one washer and dryer equals lots of trips across the dusty gravel boat yard, especially when you run the dryer once with no clothes in it!  And they locked the gate at 4:30, before I was finished, leaving the restaurant as my only path back and forth.  It's a small place with a narrow aisle, so I got a lot of looks as I tromped through carrying the clean laundry!

This marina was older and not in the best shape.  This is one exit from our slip, the other was a shaky, tilted ramp. 



We talked to our friends Debbie and Gil who were at a marina down the creek from us and made plans to set out tomorrow around 8:30 for Deltaville.

No comments:

Post a Comment