Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Sunday, May 21 - Still at Solomons

Sunday, May 21 - Still at Solomons

The big event of the day was taking the dinghy across Back River (I called it "the creek' in an earlier post) for the breakfast buffet at The Angler.  As we pulled up, I was so excited to see a ladder at the dinghy dock.  Something to hold onto makes it SO much easier to get out of and into the unstable dinghy.  I admit to being "dinghy challenged" as Danny has named it, so I am relieved when any assistance is available.  I have even asked random men to hold my hand! 

The breakfast was very good, except for the floppy bacon.  (Thought about you, Pris.) It looked almost raw.  Danny asked the waitress for some crispy bacon and she brought him "an order" - and a $3.00 charge.  When Danny questioned her, she offered to remove the charge.

We rode around for a while looking at all the marinas.  There were SO many just in this section.  Everyone in Maryland must own a boat, and most of the boats are sailing vessels. 

This boat pulled in today.  I just had to take pictures of its name.

This is what happens when a boat approaches a dock.  Everyone comes out to help.  These folks had just bought their boat, so I'm sure they appreciated the assistance!  (Be sure to look at Danny's Chaco sandals tan.)



No comments:

Post a Comment