Monday, February 6, 2017

Tuesday, January 31 - Repairs Day 2

Tuesday, January 31 - Repairs Day 2

Terry and Sonya were at the boat bright and early for day two of repairs.  Terry told me I should take his picture, so I did! They were so nice, and taught us (Danny) so much.
Sonya had told us about Steven Spielberg's houses in Naples, so we decided to bike down Gulf Shore Boulevard to see one of them.  Danny's tire had a flat!  We called and found a bike repair shop about 2 miles away, so Danny strapped the tire to the front of my bike and headed out.  He got about 10 ft and came back - my seat was way too low for him.


Rather than "mess up" my bike, I offered to bike to the shop which was on Highway 41 or Tamiami Trail. We had ridden the same route 3 or 4 times to West Marine, Publix, the hamburger place etc.  I had no trouble, the nice man at the shop fixed the tire and helped me bungee it back on.

New tube, tire remounted, we head off again.  The houses were incredible.  Danny's car pool friend in Washington said houses that grand just raise your level of envy.  It was overload times two.  The only mishap was my running into Danny's bike and taking a tumble.  I was following too closely and didn't stop in time.  The bicycle brakes are not as responsive as my motorcycle brakes. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!  Anyhow, I landed with my seat in the gutter, a muddy gutter, but unhurt.  Danny insisted that we turn around and go back to the boat.  I'm not sure we saw Spielberg's house, but we looked it up on Google and it was magnificent!

I headed straight to the laundry "room" with my muddy clothes when we got back.  Here's the view as I walked to the laundry room.

For entertainment, we watched the pelicans line up for fish cleaning time.  They are so funny, fighting over the pieces the fish boat captains throw in the water as they clean the catch.  And they come right beside people on the dock.  It's quite a draw for tourists!

Danny and I were sitting on our back "deck" talking as we watched the fishing boats come in, and I made a comment that if only two people would donate one piece of fish each, we would have enough for a meal.  A few minutes later, the captain of the fishing on our starboard leaned in and said, "Captain, here's some fish for you."  I guess he heard me, which is embarrassing, I meant two fishermen.  Anyway, we were very grateful.  Boat people really are wonderful.

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful couple!
    May God shine bright on your journeys! And may he keep you safe.

    ReplyDelete