Thursday, November 10, 2016

Sunday, November 6 - Fairhope, AL

Sunday breakfast!  We reserved the marina car, and followed the suggestion of Justin, the marina guy,  to eat at The Warehouse.  The food was wonderful and unique.  I have never had fried okra for breakfast, but it was on my Bayou Breakfast Benedict and it was wonderful.  Danny had Shrimp Creole Benedict, a stretch for him since it had no bacon.  I was so impressed that I posted a picture of our plates to Facebook, realizing later that I was now one of THOSE people that everyone complains about on Facebook.  No more meal photos for me.

I spent the afternoon in the laundry room and playing with this blog while Danny played with the chart plotter.  Some time in the afternoon we heard a very loud noise.  The guy in the sailboat next to us said it was a pelican hitting the top of our boat. Fun Sunday afternoon.

My cousin, Jim Smith, lives in Mobile so we had contacted him.  He and his wife, Denise, came by for a visit, and we had a great time.  Jim is an avid Auburn fan, so we had some interesting football discussions and caught up on family news.  They are a delightful couple and we enjoyed their visit so much.

Remember the lady from Demopolis that had the great rope knot?  She was here visiting friends on CJ and come by to show me the knot.  It's called a "Cow Hitch" and it works great.  The Great Loop connection at work!

No comments:

Post a Comment