Monday, December 12, 2016

Friday, December 9

We don't like to run the generator all night.  Anchoring out we had no electricity.  Wake up temperature was 54 degrees in our cabin, 52 degrees in the galley.  Danny, love his heart, got up and turned the generator and heater on.  It was quite chilly, but the small space does heat up quickly.

Apalachicola oysters were awaiting, so we decided to take the dinghy into town for lunch.  Now about dinghying - when we tried out the dinghy, I fell out pulling into shore.  So far on the loop, we had used it twice, both for short distances and in very calm water.  Even then, I was nervous.  Today the water was NOT calm, and the motor cut off repeatedly as we left the boat.  I had an attack of "dinghy anxiety."  I am not afraid of water or boats, but I am afraid of turning the dinghy over while getting in and out.  And of falling out of the dinghy.  It seemed like a mighty long ride to the dinghy dock at the town wall.  Thanks to Danny's wonderful skills as a captain, and his constant reassurances, I made it with a few shudders and an almost-tear.
Downtown was cute, but slow since it is off-season.  I did love their fish net Christmas tree!
We ate lunch, toured the maritime museum, bought some smoked mullet at the fish store, and headed beck to the boat.

UIKEYNPUTThe return trip was much better.  Getting onto the boat I stepped onto the second step on the ladder and soaked my tennis shoes, but I was so relieved I didn't even mind!

Our gourmet dinner was frozen pizza.  Since the freezer is so small, I had taken it out of the cardboard, so it looked pretty funny going into the oven.


No comments:

Post a Comment